Our Club History
Main Ridge Bowls Club was founded in 1959. Situated ten kilometres inland from the Nepean Highway, it nestles among farmlands, orchards and wineries and is part of the A R & F Ditterich Reserve.
The Ditterich brothers, Frank and Ralph were prime movers in getting the bowling club started.
Residents gave freely of their labour and the use of farm equipment. The land was cleared and drained and one green was built by 20 August 1959.
A residents meeting was held and the bowling club formed with a committee of Fred Wood President, Ralph Ditterich Secretary, P J Adams, C Dennis and F Jarman.
Finance was obtained by several committee members, guaranteeing a bank overdraft.Residents donated suitable trees which were felled and milled into necessary timber for the frame and the floor.
Work on the clubhouse commenced in June 1960 and was opened for the first time on 3 December 1960.
In 2016 what was the Red Hill Petanque Club combined with the Main Ridge Bowls Club to become Main Ridge Bowls & Petanque Club Inc.